Safe Silver Filling Removal

Dental amalgam fillings, which are made with a mixture of mercury, silver, copper, tin, and sometimes zinc, are still used in the United States and a number of other countries. Often called “silver fillings,” all dental amalgams are around 50% elemental mercury. Mercury is toxic, and this poison is recognized as a chemical of major concern because it poses a dangerous threat to public health.

Mercury poisoning symptoms can occur as a result of human exposure to this highly toxic element, which is known for its capability to cause harm to the human body even at low doses . It is important to remember that the type of mercury used in amalgam fillings is elemental (metallic) mercury, which is the same type of mercury used in certain types of thermometers (many of which have been banned). In contrast, the mercury in fish is methylmercury, and the mercury in the vaccine preservative thimerosal is ethylmercury. Mercury poisoning symptoms most commonly associated with elemental mercury vapor inhalation:

Acrodynia such as emotional instability, loss of appetite, general weakness, and skin changes
Cardiovascular problems
Cognitive/neurological impairments/memory loss/decrease in mental function
Dermatological conditions
Endocrine disruption/
enlargement of thyroid
Erethism [such as irritability, abnormal responses to stimulation, and emotional instability
Hearing loss
Immune system impairments
Nerve response changes/decreased coordination/ weakness, atrophy, and twitching
Oral manifestations/ gingivitis/metallic taste/oral lichenoid lesions/salivation
Psychological issues/mood swings/anger, depression, irritability, and nervousness
Renal [kidney] problems
Respiratory problems
Shyness [excessive shyness]/social withdrawal
Tremors/mercurial tremors/ intention tremors
Weight loss